Friday, April 14, 2017

Back on Tide Hiker

Friday April 14, 2017

Friday was "home administration" day. The mail had arrived while we were away and that means bank statements to reconsile and bills to pay. Plus the EP invoices were late (not my fault!) and they needed to be issued. Friday night we went out for a Mexican dinner.

As usual, I have a long list of jobs on Tide Hiker, especially because she is for sale (Not that we are seeing much action!) We have a long week before our cruise and I need to cross of more than a few jobs.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

The forward bilge pump has shorted out and the replacement arrived while we were away. I installed the pump this morning.

Rain water is leaking into Tide Hiker via the starboard forward fuel deck fitting. Last year I arranged for my Charleston helper to loosen and caulk all 4 fuel deck fittings and it looks like he botched the job.All 4 screws are stripped out and the fitting is cocked. Its a difficult job because one cannot get to the fitting from inside the engine room.

I removed the ineffective mounting screws and scraped out all the caulk. I then injected two tubes of two part epoxy into the screw holes in the deck. I will check the epoxy tomorrow.

Deidre and I went to the pool for the rest of the day.

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Lazy morning - Deidre made pancakes with strawberries and I bought a Sunday paper. Another perfect day, the winter weather in Florida is just delightful.

The fuel deck fitting needed another two tubes of epoxy.

When Steve recharged the AC system (back in Stuart in February) he mentioned that the insulation on the AC lines needed attention and so today I replaced the old insulation at each end. That seemed to go OK.

The Solon gang is coming to Tide Hiker Friday night before the Caribbean cruise and Deidre decided that our brass fittings (the Ship's Bell and a "porthole mirror") needed cleaning and polishing. The cleaning products from the super market were too much work so I got out our supply of muriatic acid end that did the job!

Monday April 17, 2017

Manatees in the marina


Tuesday April 18, 2017


Fuel deck fitting, down tight and caulked.


Fish in the marina

















No comments:

Post a Comment