Monday, December 2, 2013

Isle of Palms

Monday December 2, 2013

We leave Wednesday for Phoenix. The re-galvanized chain is ready and so I plan to drive to/from Jacksonville Tuesday. That gives us today to get organized. Kylie started her new job today, she dropped Mason off at day care and Ryan picked him up at about 4PM - they all seemed to do OK. I only had an hour to work on scraping and sanding. We took the boat up to the fuel dock for a pump out, as we will be away for almost two weeks.

Tuesday December 3, 2013

Big day. The rental car people picked me up at about 8:30 AM and I was on my way to Jacksonville by 9 AM. The chain was ready so I was on my way back by 2 PM. Made good progress till I stopped for gas, then pulled out of the gas station the wrong way! Took about 25 miles for me to realize my error - dark and featureless road is my only excuse! I was tired when I arrived back at the boat, having driven 540 miles in the day. But the chain looked shiney!

Another big day tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment