Saturday, June 2, 2012

Osprey River Marina

June 2, 2012
33 40.877 N  79 02.465W

In Osprey Marina
This is a "cute little marina" dug out of the cyptus forest that happens to have the best diesel fuel price in the region. I had been pricing fuel since arriving in Charleston, and this was the best, so it went onto our itinerary. We arrived about 3PM and went straight to the fuel dock and told the man "fill her up". Much to my surprise she only took 410 gallons, when I was expecting at least 600. Now I am a bit unsure about Tide Hiker's total capacity.

We had made a reservation for the night and was allotted slip C22 which was really a 40' dock, which meant I really had to back her in. There was about 50' space between the end of the slip and the forest canopy, so I had to push the bow into the trees to make the reverse turn. It all ended happily.

Osprey nest
The run north from the Butler anchorage was very pleasant and uneventful. David has a new fancy camera and so got some great shots of the Cyprus swamp and some of the innovative Osprey nests.

No comments:

Post a Comment