Thursday, August 25, 2016

Grasmere to Patterdale

Thursday August 25, 2016

We were promised and easier day today - and it was. We left Grasmere at about 8:30 AM and arrived at "old Water View" by about 2:30 PM. The day was cool and overcast, but the expected rain did not materialize. I have now enjoyed a shower (and washed my sox) and enjoyed a cup of coffee and have time to update the blog before dinner. I will also go back and add to previous day blogs that are a bit short on detail because I was just too tired.

Rain forecast for today - it did not happen. There was an outdoor store in this little town so I was able to buy some gaiters.

Today was a simple day - a climb of 2,200' over about 5 km and then a reasonable down slope to Patterdale for a total of 11.5 km. Three of the girls (ladies?) took the day of to help their feet recover. Diane had a terrible blister on a toe - she would not let me photo it. Julie has a bunch of blisters. Jan (who is 79!) just needed a break.

We are all getting a bit desperate re washing cloths. In general I brought a "set of 7" and today was the 8th day. I am saturated with sweat each evening, my clothing is just not reusable. There have been no laundry facilities. I have started washing gear in the bath/shower.

(Only 3 photos - the internet here is just too slow)

More waterfalls

Bob and Sharon

Our digs tonight










No comments:

Post a Comment