Monday, August 22, 2016

St Bees

Sunday August 21, 2016

My train did not leave until 2:10 PM so I took it easy this morning. I learned that there had been a major derailment on the London to Glasgow line and as a result service at Carlisle was disrupted - Bryce was going to be messed up coming from London, but my schedule was OK. My train did not go all the way to St Bees on a Sunday and I learned from various people that there was no bus and it would be unsafe to walk the last 4 miles, so I caught a cab for "Just 12 quid."

The B&B looked great. I was the third of our party to arrive, and I quickly met up with Wes and Diane from Michigan. Bryce and 6 others arrived at about 6 PM via a cab from Carlisle. We all went out for dinner. The last two arrived about 7 PM. Dinner was fun.

Our B&B in St. Bees

After diner, Bryce and I went for a bit of a walk in the dark, mainly to have a "catch up chat". It was still wet and windy but we were rugged up. We ended up down at "the beach" and found an English Holiday pub. We ventured in for a beer. It was very noisy, full of families on a beach vacation! Poor deprived buggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment