Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pelican Bay


Wednesday January 14, 2015

Pelican Bay Anchorage
26 41 302 N
82 14 566 W

Celebratory breakfast prior to dropping off the rental car. Healthy argument over the bill at the rental agency that I sorta won - $50 is $50! Drop lines at about 10:30 PM and head over to the marina for a pump out. Out of the entrance by about 11:30 AM. We are not going far.

Tide Hiker seems to be running OK but we both notice that the starboard engine is exhausting some steam or white smoke. I look that up on the internet - not encouraging. I decide to run the stb engine a bit harder to heat it up a bit - seems to help.

We have anchored in Pelican bay before. It is a nice spot. On a warm day one can dinghy over to a landing and walk over to a Gulf beach. We are early - its only about 2:00 PM - but cool and overcast. I busy myself installing the new TV antenna. By dark the job is stalled. I hate being so bloody ignorant.

The weather forecast has deteriorated a bit. The forecast of 10/15 MPH has moved to 15/20 MPH. No big deal, and in fact I want to try out the new anemometer. It never happened - maxed out at 10 MPH and I now know that for a fact!

No comments:

Post a Comment