Thursday, May 28, 2015

Waterford, NY (Free Slip!)

Thursday May 28, 2015
N
W

I really like this place. Waterford is an "inland port" and very boater friendly. We have a slip here with water and electricity for $10.00! There is a total of about 500' of floating dock, full of transient boaters, mostly heading into or out of the Erie canal system or continuing on the Lake Champlain. We have just been out to dinner in a group of eight people from the slips.

Easy day today - anchor was up at 6:30 AM and we were safe and sound in Waterford by 11 AM.

Barge traffic on the Hudsaon

Hey! That's my truck!

I do not have a clue what they are!

Albany

Definitely not free range parents

My lock hand
Friday May 29, 2015

Out for breakfast - 2 eggs on toast and bottomless coffee is $2.65! Deidre and I enjoyed our two eggs with "the works" and our total, for the two of us, was $12.65. I love this place! Then off to the supermarket we spent over $300 for two buggy loads. I think we slept the rest of the day........

Four Aussies, one Brit and two Yankees. (Really can't ask the Brit to leave?) 

Saturday May 30, 2015

Walked up to the first lock and bought our pass. Went for a bile ride along the old Lake Champlain canal. Had a sleep for a few hours. Moved Tide Hiker up to the pump-out and back. Hosed the salt off the boat. Busy day!









No comments:

Post a Comment