Thursday, August 15, 2013

Back to Montreal (Lachine Marina)

Friday August 16, 2013


Our rental! The monster. 
Supermarket shopping this morning, followed by a marine store to get some info on the Seaway. (They had nothing for us, but the lady spent 1/2 hour on the phone on our behalf and tracked down what we needed. We popped in later with a bottle of Australian wine for her.) Then off to look at the Lachine Rapids followed by the big Catholic Church on the Hill and then back to the boat. The Friday afternoon traffic was terrible.Tony and I returned the car and took the subway back. I really feel I know Montreal pretty well.

Lyn made dinner. This is really fun. I really love having them on board. Tony and I just prepped the boat for the AM.

We leave in the AM. We will be heading west on the St. Lawrence. I feel a bit intimidated, the water is quite complicated. Our first lock is "ship size" and recreational boats are (apparently) a bit of a nuisance.

No comments:

Post a Comment