Saturday, October 26, 2013

New Bern

Friday October 26, 2013
Lat
Long

Late start, easy run to New Bern. We had planned to go to Beaufort to have lunch with a friend (who is also an expert on solar power and all things electrical) but that did not work out. So we accompanied HM and Bon Voyage to New Bern and took a slip in the same marina that we had sheltered from Sandy last year.the 25 mile run was uneventful and we were all tied up by lunch.

Jeff and Lisa kindly loaned us a car so Deidre and I did a shop. By the time we were back on the boat I was so tired that I went back to bed and took a 2 hour nap. All this socializing is wearing me out. Much refreshed we headed out to dinner at Jeff and Lisa's house. They had purchased 5 pounds of fresh shrimp for $29 yesterday at their a fuel stop and Lisa was making jambalaya!

Add caption
Jeff and Lisa are great hosts and dinner was very classy with real crystal, a table cloth, napkins and lost of silver wear. We have not experienced that luxury for quite some time. I was glad that I had taken a shower and worn a clean shirt. Wonderful friends, great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment