Sunday, April 30, 2023

DAY 25: QUIET DAY, NEW FRIENDS and a BELLY ACHE

 April 30, 2023

Our hosts, Trevor and Elizabeth,  lived in a handsome apartment opposite the Duke's castle.  We were ushered out to a set table in a walled patio, with the Duke's castle overlooking us. 

They had both worked in the USA for some time, so conversation was easy. Both of them attended Harvard and Elizabeth taught in the language department at Tufts. (We learned that English is spoken at the front of the mouth, French in the middle and Germans - who cares where they speak.) She did not remember our Jennifer.  The conversations rolled over to lunch time and we headed of to a restaurant in our square to eat. We learned lots about the history of Uzes and a bit of French politics and etc. It was fun.

With some help I chose the Special of the Day for my meal. When I got home I was so close to throwing up I went to bed and slept until 7PM. Fortunately by then it has passed (meaning with time), but I just had toast for dinner. 

When we left home at 10:45 AM Collingwood was in bad shape. When we got home the game was over and they had won by one point. Sadly I missed a call from Marg and Geoff. 😥

The Duke's house.




No comments:

Post a Comment