Saturday, November 3, 2012

Behind Butler Is, SC

Saturday November 3, 2012
33 25.573 N
79 12.529 W

Jumper on remote start relay
Today started off a bit hard but ended well.Same problem - the port engine would not start. When I investigated, I found the fuse blown. I replaced it with the same result. I upped it to 30 amps (from 15) with the same result. There was a "engine handyman" on the dock and I got him out of bed to have a look. We agreed that the device this "in-line fuse" was supplying was probably a bit wonky (some sort of starter relay switch) and pulling too much current, but we thought that if we just "shorted out" the fuse we might get a couple of starts out of it. So we built a little jumper and wammo - the engine roared to life. Will need to make a permanent solution in Charleston.

Three rafted together
Easy day today, just 38 NM and it was a delightful voyage. Not a cloud in the sky, no wind and the temp probably managed to make it into the 60's. Most of the miles were in the Waccamaw River which is a wide and deep river in spectacular wilderness area. We stopped in one of my favorite anchorages and all three boats have rafted together. Bonnie made pork tenderloin for dinner on Bon Voyage and a good time was had by all.

I am writing this blog as we run the gen to boost the batteries before bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment