Thursday, November 8, 2012

Wild Dunes - Monday November 5, 2012

Deidre drove to Enterprise and picked up a car for the next two weeks. I had made the reservation the night before, and always reserve the smallest and cheapest car - because they never have them available and so you get upgraded at no more cost. It always works - just not this time. Its a "Masda 2" and tiny. Deidre called and told me that our cushions (that we were taking to the upholsterer would never fit.

While she was away I got into the sanitation system. I tried to remove the valve that was leaking without success - the hoses just would not come off. So I took it apart in situ and removed a couple of O rings that might have been the issue. I called Deidre and asked her to pick up replacements on the way back. She did so, but none of them would fit. Meantime the boat took on a bit of an "odour du jour".

I was determined to get the cushions in the car so basically took out the rear seats and shelf and folded down the passenger seat and got them in. The problem then was that there was now no seat for me so I climbed in the hatch and managed to squeeze in between the cushions and the ceiling. We set off and arrived safely. We spent about 2 hours looking thru sample materials and made a decision.

Monday night we had Kylie, Ryan and a neighbor (Chris Pavlin) over for dinner. Chris runs Charleston operations for a large shipping company and he is taking his wife and daughter to Pusan this week to launch a 100,000 ton ship - to be named after his daughter. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment