Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Wild Dunes - Wednesday November 14

A cold front passed thru last night with rain and a big temperature drop. The rain messed with some of our new varnish on the bridge, so it will have to be redone.I met the a/c guys over at 21 YH this morning. While they worked I gave the 5 steps another coat and then spent an hour or so trimming trees and taming the growth behind the house.

Before
Gene Taylor delivered the repaired  alternator cowling to the boat while I was away - I installed it when I returned and it went on like a dream. That felt so good! Another job crossed off!
After
We had another "super tide" today. At the peak this morning the water was only 18" from the top of the bulkhead, and about level with the sidewalk. the ramp from the floating dock to the bulkhead was about flat. Another decade of global warming and our house will really be waterfront!
Very high tide













Later in the day



No comments:

Post a Comment